Provided that you are moving toward moving abroad you may be asking yourself if you can keep your UK bank account. Well not just is it conceivable yet it is likewise quite fitting.
Here are the reasons why:
- Banks are not permitted to shut down your account without your consent, and remember that most importantly, they need to keep your money!
- Assuming that you are not wanting to stay abroad for all time, it is key that you keep ties with your bank. At what point you come back to the UK, you might end up in a Catch-22 scenario: it is extremely tricky to open a bank account in UK without a proof of location – and by what method would you be able to get a top over your head without having a bank account?
- Regardless of the possibility that you are arranging a permanent move, you may need to return to the UK for occasions or work, so a UK bank account will dependably prove to be useful.
- It will assist make a smooth move to your new life abroad, before having the capacity to open an account there.
- You might moreover need to continue gathering certain expenditures in the UK (advances, installments, charges, bills, and much more) and gather salary (wages, rent, and what not). Keep in mind to account the income and use that will press through your account. You can set up the essential programmed withdrawals and exchanges before you leave or use online banking.
- When you know your new location abroad, your bank can as a rule redirect your comments at no added charge, or you can decide to view them on the web.
- It may be critical to recognize if you need to exchange cash from the UK on a standard premise. The Times Online records the services offered by most heightened street banks for example HSBC, Lloyds and NatWest. This article also warns you against unreasonable bank charges and accounts other installment alternatives through specialist broker.